Stashing gorgeous fabric. Hoarding irresistible patterns. Designing when I can. Sewing up a Storm.
PeridotLane . . . Handmade Bags and Gifts.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

{one latte = one happy mama}

Buried alive. Maybe not REALLY buried alive, but do you know that feeling fellow moms? How about you fellow stay-at-home moms trying to run a little business from your home? (I have to confess here that my "little business" may be no more than a means to hoard gorgeous fabric that I want to roll in when it comes home from the store or arrives in the mail, but, please don't tell my husband!) Okay, back to that buried alive feeling. (btw, that latte I mentioned in the blog title . . . wait for it . . .) Between packing lunches, having three kids in three different schools, the gym, the grocery store, Target, Costco, appointments, piano lessons, etc. I have to say "buried alive" may come close to describing my "holy moly" life. On top of all of this I am trying with all my superwoman might to catch up on sewing orders and get a little business feeling back in my little business. Thankfully, most of my orders are from friends, friends of friends and fellow moms and they understand that "sooner or later" is a good timeframe when they place an order. :) I'm getting there and when I get there it will be a grand day because then I get to start playing with some of my new patterns and I'm going to design a couple new bags to add to my "collection". (HeeHee. Collection. Do I have a "collection"? That's a fun little thought!) In the mean time I am going to catch up on my blog with some pics of a few new projects.

Here is where that latte makes it's entrance. One of my happiest places is cozied up to a hot latte from EspressWay, a great local place owned by a friend. They know my order before I even speak it, 16 oz., vanilla bean latte, double shot, 1/2 the flavor. Mmmmm, I can almost smell the espresso now, calling to me and begging me to stop in every chance I get. :) One of my favorite parts of drinking my latte, besides the warm fuzzies it gives me, is slipping my handmade java jacket onto my cup. I know we should "go green" and I really do sometimes AND I recycle my cups, but there is nothing like walking around with a coffee cup with my favorite java jacket that expresses MY style. So yes, it may be a simple pleasure, but in my life of chaos I embrace every simple pleasure I can get my hands on. Everybody should do this more. Find your simple pleasure and run with it. Well, walk with it because running is a bit more chaotic than walking and we are going for less chaos with your simple pleasures. :)

In honor of my "happy mama simple pleasure" I am sharing a couple pics of a few java jackets I have made for friends recently. Enjoy and if you are interested in one please contact me! I'd love to hear from you! They are $8 ea.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love our java jackets. You would never know it by looking at him but Cory has the wussiest hands ever. Grip is good, tolerance for heat not so good.

Trina said...

I'm so glad you guys love them! Sorry for the long delay!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."