Stashing gorgeous fabric. Hoarding irresistible patterns. Designing when I can. Sewing up a Storm.
PeridotLane . . . Handmade Bags and Gifts.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

{something new and a zipper to boot}

Something new to sew! My friend, J, wanted something similar to the Amy Butler Birdie Sling, but, in a smaller purse size AND she wanted a zipper. Yikes! I have always been terrified of zippers and did everything I could to avoid making anything with one. But, not wanting to disappoint my girlfriend I ventured out for such a purse and found a great pattern that would fit the bill. This little sweetheart is "Fiona" by Jenna Lou Designs. It is such a great little purse. Since I had never used the pattern I had to give it a trial run so J's purse wasn't the maiden voyage with this pattern. My first run turned out perfect and the zipper was SO easy. I forgot to take pics of the first purse when she was all crisp and new, but she is now mine! I never have time to sew for myself so I was very happy to keep this for myself. I added a couple pockets to the pattern because what woman doesn't need a couple extra pockets? And yes, one is a cell phone pocket because anybody who knows me knows I rarely make a bag without a cellphone pocket! There is no purpose in life if you don't have a cellphone! ;)

The beautiful purse you see below is the one I made for J. She found the black and red fabric on an online store that I frequently purchase from and then chose the coordinating yoke from my fabric stash via picture texts. The results were perfect, she loves it and THAT makes me happy!!! :)





1 comment:

Cyndy said...

Awesome dear daughter. You do beautiful work!!!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."